Anna Regina High Bridge
This historic High Bridge is located in the town of Anna Regina, Essequibo Coast in the administrative district of Region Two. The bridge is believed to have been built by the Dutch and is located opposite the Damon monument and is a prominent landmark in the township.
East Indian Settlement Monument
The East Indian Settlement Monument is located on the all-weather road in Bush Lot, Essequibo Coast, approximately 1 kilometre (0.62 miles) from Anna Regina. The monument was built in commemoration of the first group of East Indian immigrants who arrived in the region and were stationed at Anna Regina in May 1838.
St. Bartholomew Anglican Church
St. Bartholomew Anglican Church is located in the community of Queenstown, Essequibo Coast, some 28 kilometres (17.4 miles) from Supenaam. This village was the first community in Essequibo to be bought by former slaves in 1841. The Church was established in 1842 and the building was completed in November 1843. St. Bartholomew was not consecrated until October 24, 1859.
Damon’s Cross is located in the La Belle Alliance cemetery on the Essequibo Coast. This is where Damon, a domestic servant from Plantation Richmond along with hundreds of servants, rose in defiance of plantation owner Mr. Charles Bean. The standoff which began on August 3, 1834, lasted 10 days and was caused when Mr. Bean, along with other planters killed approximately 30-60 hogs (pigs) that belonged to the labourers on his Richmond plantation.
Located in Anna Regina in Region two, is the Damon Monument. It was designed by Mr. Ivor Thom and unveiled by the Regional Democratic Council of Region 2 on July 31, 1988, the 150th anniversary of the abolition of slavery. This bronze sculpture was built in honour of Damon, an African domestic labourer, who protested against the imposed 1834 apprenticeship scheme that required them to continue working on the plantations despite being promised their freedom. Damon was tried and sentenced to death for inciting plantation labourers to strike. His body was hung in front of Public Buildings on October 13, 1834 to send a message to the other labourers.