Groete Creek Tombs
The Groete Creek tombs are two well preserved, ornate Dutch tombs located along the Groete River, a tributary of the Essequibo River, situated some 24 kilometres (15 miles) away from the town of Bartica. The tombs belong to Cornelius Boter, owner of Plantation New Vredenburg and his wife, Elisabeth Hollander.
Mazaruni Prison Complex
The complex is located at the junction of the Essequibo and Mazaruni Rivers. The prison serves as the custodial home for male prisoners convicted of long penal sentences. The penitentiary formerly known as the Mazaruni Penal Settlement. On August 1, 1842, work commenced on the settlement and it was completed in nine months.
Monument of Hope
Monument of Hope is located on First Avenue, Bartica. It was unveiled on December 13, 2010. The black marble memorial which was described as “a Symbol of Hope” by Reverend Moss was designed in Canada and built in India. The monument was built in memory of the 12 men who were killed during the Bartica Massacre that occurred on February 17, 2008.
Bartica Centenary Monument
The Bartica Centenary Monument is located on First Avenue, Bartica. It was unveiled in commemoration of the centenary anniversary of the community by Senior Minister of Regional Development Jeffrey Thomas, on November 30, 1987.
St. John, the Baptist Anglican Church
St. John, the Baptist Anglican Church is located on First Avenue Bartica. It was consecrated on January 05, 1843 and was the first church to be established in the then Anglican missionary settlement. The church was named after St. John, the Baptist, the evangelist. The missionary work of the church in its early years was focused mainly on baptising Amerindians living in the surrounding areas and prior to the consecration of the church, 26 Amerindians were already baptised.